DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Drag Racing Action > Real Street | X275 | 10.5 Racing

04-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Brett Childs

: Sep 2015
: 127
Car Count

All this talk of division, and it needing to be fixed, real street dying, etc etc this winter.....there sure was a shortage of cars at Montgomery with no Atmore Real Street going on yesterday. With beautiful weather, nice track, and good racing...was a great day to have a racecar at a track yesterday. Looks like some would just rather see it gone.

But thanks to everyone who did show up and support!! The ones who are willing to support both Montgomery AND Atmore and not fuel the "division"

Name:  Image1460930138.290667.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  31.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Hooker

: Dothan Alabama
: 512

What did you expect... 30 cars?
04-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Brett Childs

Well, my thought would be if people were actually concerned about the growth and where the class is right now and complained about it....maybe it would help if they actually showed up and supported it some.
Crazy idea though, I get it. I just seem to remember at one point there were a minimum of 25 cars (even topped 30 a couple of times) not even two years ago that would show up to every single race. Now we've got this "Well, I'm not going to race there...I'm only going to race here. BUT let me wonder why car counts are going down and losing interest and complain about it some! Yeah! Thatll work!"

But hey, to each his own I guess. I'll keep showing up, trying to get new guys in, and supporting any way I can because I'd love to see this thing keep going and keep growing. It's just a little confusing when people want to yell "DIVISION" and do nothing about it.
04-29-2016, 05:57 PM
kwj68

: Dec 2015
: 28

I haven't notice anyone talking about anything over the winter. Some of are down right now and that's why I didn't show but, to be honest with u 5.70 is getting kinda boring. I know a majority would like to see it move to 5.50...
05-10-2016, 11:28 PM
401_Racer

: Nov 2015
: 75

Yes Kenny I agree! I think the class needs to be a 5.50 class... It's been the same index for years now that everyone knows exactly how to set there car to run a 5.70 dead on and I would love to see the excitement come back to the class.

:
I haven't notice anyone talking about anything over the winter. Some of are down right now and that's why I didn't show but, to be honest with u 5.70 is getting kinda boring. I know a majority would like to see it move to 5.50...
05-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Brett Childs

It doesnt matter to me on index. I can run either. But what does it take to get people who split and only race at Atmore to come back and run the rest of the race. Thats not an index issue.
05-24-2016, 02:47 PM
Hooker

: Dothan Alabama
: 512

14 cars at atmore this past week , was some good racing!!!