DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Everything Else > Outside the Pits means DANGER!

09-18-2017, 11:04 AM
classicchevy

: Sep 2015
: Petal, Mississippi
: 986

Well my LSU and Saints both suck but still a big fan of both.
09-18-2017, 09:19 PM
BowtieBilly1121

: "Sweet Home Valley AlaBama"
: 1,139

:
Well my LSU and Saints both suck but still a big fan of both.
Well I guess you can't win them all. Bama is hopefully getting 3 of there LB back this week they were at practice today.There defense is not where it needs to be yet with all the injury's on defense. They tried a lot of new players Saturday to see what they could do.And the offense lost a WR for the season Saturday.
09-22-2017, 03:08 PM
BowtieBilly1121

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- The last time Alabama played a non-conference foe outside of a neutral site was in 2011 when it traveled to Penn State in Game 2 of a home-and-home series.

During his weekly radio show Thursday night, Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban said he would be in favor of reverting back to that model again in the future and that discussions to do that have actually been held between he and athletic director Greg Byrne.

“I would like to do that,” Saban said at Baumhower’s Victory Grille. “We played Penn State home-and-home when I was here, and it was a good game here, it was a good game there, great crowd and all that. It’s better for our fans if we play at home, I get that. But playing in these sort of games has helped us to play a better team, even though it’s at a neutral site, and it gained tremendous exposure for the program early on.

“But Greg Byrne and I met about doing this in the future where we have some home-and-homes with some teams every now and then so we’re not playing in one of these neutral-site games to start the season.”

The neutral-site games aren’t going away, though.

They simply bring in too much money to both programs involved. Alabama received $5 million for its 2017 opener against Florida State in Atlanta’s brand-new Mercedes-Benz Stadium three weeks ago and will earn $4.5 million for playing Duke inside the same venue to start the 2019 season, according to a report Chandler Rome of The Anniston Star.

The Crimson Tide has also seen quite a bit of success in neutral-site games. Alabama is 8-0 in neutral-site openers under Saban and have three more scheduled the next four years.

But in terms of catering to fans of the program and increasing the level of competition and parity in college football, Saban is open to discussing future home-and-home series, on top of strengthening the schedule with more intriguing matchups nationwide.

“No question, I’d love to do it,” Saban said. “I’ve been out there talking about how we should have to play all Power 5 conferences in all 12 games. And I know there’s a lot of opposition to that. The biggest opposition is the way you qualify for a bowl game.

“Everybody wants to win six games, aight. So, they win six games, they get to go to a bowl game. Well, if I could play four teams that I know I could beat that nobody really cares about watching, then I could qualify for a bowl game.

“Well, my answer to that would be why don’t we do it like they do basketball? They pick 64 teams or 68 teams or whatever it is for the basketball tournament based on, not their record necessarily, but strength of schedule and all that type of stuff. So, you put the best teams, however many there are -- kind of like we do the top 12 now -- and then it wouldn’t be as big an issue to try to win six games but it would be more about who you play, strength of schedule, be much better for the fans.

“… And the other thing is is we wouldn’t be caught up in this deal that we have now in college football where if you lose one game, you may be out. Well, if everybody played 12 teams, it’s like the NFL. The New York Giants lost six games and won the Super Bowl a couple years ago. So, you can lose a game, you can lose maybe two games, and still be one of the best teams in the country, if you lost to one of the top-five teams or you lost to somebody else.

“I guess being an old NFL guy and playing nothing but NFL teams -- and they’re all good -- why don’t we do that more like that in college football?”

SABAN'S THOUGHTS ON PLAYING 9-10 SEC GAMES:

“I’ve always said nine games,” Saban said. “I just think that every player should have the opportunity to play every school in the SEC in his career. So, when we play our sixth game on the other side and two more, that usually happened in a player’s career. They got to play Georgia, they got to play Florida, they got to play everybody in the league. That doesn’t always happen now.”

Contact Charlie Potter by 247Sports' p

Damn you can't say Nick Saben wants easy games are is afraid of playing the best teams out there! But is that a good idea in the SEC if you lose 1 game you are just about out of winning the SEC but if you lose 2 your chances of a SEC Title is gone.

Damn Vandy is 3-0 and kicking Ass this year. Who would have though that?

"Sweet Home AlaBama' Roll Tide Roll"
Attached Images

09-23-2017, 05:21 PM
classicchevy

do you reckon bama will win this suck ass game.
09-23-2017, 06:42 PM
BowtieBilly1121

Bama 677 yards of total offense Vandy 78 yards of total offense!
Attached Images

09-23-2017, 08:10 PM
classicchevy

did bama win
09-23-2017, 09:10 PM
BowtieBilly1121

:
did bama win

BAMA 59 Vandy 0
09-23-2017, 10:34 PM
classicchevy

did the georgia dogs put a ass whipping on the msu dogs. Hell yea.
even lsu won.

Been Saints fan for a long time but they can kiss my ass as of today. Non American SOBs and fuck the NFL, all brought on by one nappy headed Muslim SOB Colin Caperdick. Bunch of over paid cock suckers to begin with. FUCK FOOTBALL.

Last edited by classicchevy; 09-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.
09-24-2017, 09:53 PM
BowtieBilly1121

:
did the georgia dogs put a ass whipping on the msu dogs. Hell yea.
even lsu won.

Been Saints fan for a long time but they can kiss my ass as of today. Non American SOBs and fuck the NFL, all brought on by one nappy headed Muslim SOB Colin Caperdick. Bunch of over paid cock suckers to begin with. FUCK FOOTBALL.
You got that shit right them sorry SOB'S disrespect the American Flag but have no problem getting rich of the Americans.
09-24-2017, 11:49 PM
classicchevy

Prime example,I'm a black NFL player making 31 million a year and I'm oppressed. Give me a dayem break HUH.
09-25-2017, 04:40 AM
old_memories

: Quincy,Fl.
: 156

I stopped watching pro ball a few years ago,,,,,too many over paided THUGS
09-25-2017, 09:25 AM
BowtieBilly1121

We need all Americans to Ban NFL till they learn to respect our Flag. To disrespect our flag is a disrespect to all the Brave Men & Women who served in our Armed Forces many many giving there lives for the Freedom we have today.And anyone who does not agree with that is not an American.
09-25-2017, 03:28 PM
BowtieBilly1121

TRUMP CALLS ON ALL AMERICANS:

FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE NFL!

President Trump just issued a rallying cry in defense of America - either the NFL puts an END to the entitled, disrespectful, and Un-American kneeling by its players during the National Anthem, then they will leave We the People no choice but to fight back and boycott the entire league.

Trump wasn't pulling any punches when he said that those players who refuse to stand for the National Anthem should be fired, and neither should we!

And what has the NFL done in response?

They spit in the face of American Values and responded by ATTACKING Trump rather than DEFENDING the USA!

The NFL used to be the most popular professional sports league in the country. That is quickly changing thanks to the behavior of certain athletes. By taking a knee during the playing of our national anthem, these millionaires are trying to make themselves into martyrs. The NFL and its players need to know that most Americans cherish their nation, and their heritage, far more than any game.
09-27-2017, 11:31 AM
classicchevy

Well said Billy H.
09-29-2017, 02:44 PM
BowtieBilly1121

There are plenty of College Foot-Ball Games on to get your weekend "Fix" on Foot-Ball! Protest them NFL SOB"S that disrespect the American Flag.

Hell who needs Sunday afternoon Foot-Ball when there is NHRA Drag Racing on?
09-29-2017, 09:11 PM
BowtieBilly1121

Attached Images

09-29-2017, 11:25 PM
classicchevy

Watch out for them dayem Landsharks.
11-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Retired

: 527

Billy! Ha! Ha! Ha!
11-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Showtime

: 189

No one can say that MS. Mopar doesn't pay up on his bets. The female Auburn fans were stuck in the bushes and my phone was ringing and it was Billy to say WAR EAGLE and tell me good game... Thanks a lot Billy and look to next year for a call. and like I have said all year....

Sabin Who???
11-26-2017, 11:33 AM
classicchevy

Now he is riding around in the REDQUEEN listening to that old Otis Redding tune called Dock of the Bay.