DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Event Photos | Racer Videos

Old 12-31-2014, 01:57 AM
Bluesman1

So a few years back I bought a little project s10 for my Dad in an effort to try to help him stay occupied after losing my Mom. Well due to me being out of town working all the time my Brother-in-law Pete Overstreet volunteered to do a lot of the work on the truck and try to get it running for my Dad. Shortly after the truck was running my Dad passed away and unfortunately was never able to enjoy it. That was April 2012 then July 4th 2012 Pete passed away. So due to the situation and the history I just did not have the heart to part with the truck, so I decided to put my project on hold and wanted to Completely redo the truck in memory of both my Dad and Pete. I know your probably thinking why are you telling us all this, well I have been apart of and loved cars and dragracing as long as I can remember. My Dad took me to Atmore Dragway for the first time when I was about 4-5 yrs old (1977-78). For a long time there was not a weekend went by that he and I were not at a dragstrip. There were very few things I can think of that my Dad loved more than cars and drag racing( The Lord, my Mom and his kids). If it had not been for my Dad sharing his love for this past time I would probably be collecting action figures or something and most likely got into a heck of a lot more trouble growing up than I did. With Pete who also shared the same love as myself and Dad I really just felt like I owed it to both of them!!! Well with that being said here we go it has begun!!!! Not that it needed one but I decided to nick name the truck project "One For The Boys" I would give almost anything for them both to be here to enjoy this truck but since I do not have that option I'm gonna have to work three times as hard at enjoying it for them. I know its gonna take a little while but for those who are interested and would like to follow the build I will do my best to keep the updates posted as they come along. Don't get me wrong this project will most likely only have meaning to myself and the people on here who knew my Dad and Pete but I know we all have our own stories or memories of the person or people who started this love in us for cars and racing just like my Dad did for me. So I hope you can take a few minutes and enjoy how the truck will come together over a little bit of time. When it's all said and done the little truck is gonna be a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the time to read all my rambling about the truck and its story. I will post the starting point pics of the truck shortly.

Thanks,

Howard
Old 12-31-2014, 07:31 AM
1arunem

Great story and I look forward to your progress!</p>
Old 12-31-2014, 08:13 AM
tonymaples

That story hit home my father has also passed¬*if¬*it wasn't for my dad (Paul Howard Maples)¬*and my uncle (Hubert Smith) Lord know where I would be ¬*right now I can sure tell you one thing I have a lot more money.... but I have a son¬*(Anthony Maples)¬*now and he has went through the Jr dragster days now he¬*has started driving my¬*R/S car just wish my dad could have been here to watch my sons first pass he would have been proud of him ...¬*¬*¬*GREAT story¬*looking forward to it</p>
Old 12-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Bluesman1

Thanks guys!! It's gonna be fun, I'm trying to decide if im staying conventional SBC or 5.3/6.0 route. It's gonna be a 275 truck with caltracs and split mini-leafs. I'm going to cage it for future uses but it will still be street legal. I want to get everything chassis wise completed while the little 283 is still living. Lol but there will be a little bit of spray involved in the near future once all the pieces and parts are in place. Then the fun will begin. Tony I had no idea about your Dad, he was always a nice guy to talk with. I'm looking forward to seeing your ride back out there too. I'm trying to get some pics posted now and I will update things as it progresses.

Thanks again

Howard
Old 01-01-2015, 12:40 AM
MrBill

Great story guys.</p>
Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Bluesman1

Ok guys I have tried to resize the photos and attach them but it just won't work. I know there has got to be a simpler way to do this.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 11:59 AM
BUNCHBOYS

Email them to me. Bunch538@gmail.com and I'll post them for you
Old 01-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Bluesman1

Ok!! Here we go again. Thanks for the offer to help Bunchboys!! I finally figured it out. Lol
Old 01-02-2015, 02:40 PM
BUNCHBOYS

Very very clean truck man. I look forward to seeing the progress you make!! Let us know if you need anything
Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Bluesman1

Thanks bud!! Will do its been a long time coming. The first hurdle is getting the new rearend and suspension installed and the rest will be bolt on until I we put the cage in. This will be my first try at setting the pinion angle and setting the new spring perches.

Thanks again,

Howard
Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Camaronut1974

I'm onboard for this awesome build.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Bluesman1

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Camaronut1974" data-cid="8267" data-time="1422198967">

I'm onboard for this awesome build.</p></blockquote>

Thank bud!!! Things should move along a little faster once I get the rearend and suspension set up next week. I have a whole room full of parts to put on it but I don't want to install them until that hurdle is passed. I'll keep y'all updated over the next few weeks.

Thanks again,

Howard
Old 02-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Bluesman1

So we finally got the rearend and suspension in the s10 over the weekend. Special thanks goes out to my buddy Thomas Ardis at LRC (Lottie Road Customs) lol!! Thomas and the boys hook a brother up but they did a really good job. Now that we're past that little hurdle now I have no more excuses as to why the trucks not running. Lol Thanks to everybody that has shown interest in the little project and hopefully it will come to life in the next couple of weeks and make a pass down the track.

Thanks

Howard
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 PM
dragracererf

hurry bud, cant wait to see it </p>
Old 02-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Bluesman1

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="dragracererf" data-cid="8910" data-time="1424199282">

hurry bud, cant wait to see it </p></blockquote>

Robert it may be a little while before it's ready, I got the call to head back to Dallas this morning so it's making the trip with me and we will finish it up out there. So next time it comes to Bama it will be going rounds!!! Hopefully Lol
Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Bluesman1

Ok I have tried to resize these updated pics to post on here and I just can't get it to work.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Bluesman1

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BUNCHBOYS" data-cid="7357" data-time="1420221599">

Email them to me. Bunch538@gmail.com and I'll post them for you</p></blockquote>

Hey Mikey do you mind posting the pics for me??
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Bluesman1

So I haven't been able to post pics on here so until I can figure that out I'll just post the link to my Face Book Page. We're making some progress but only able to work on it for a couple hours a week on Saturday and Sunday. Waiting on the cage from S&W so hopefully it will be here before Friday so we can start on it This weekend. I'll do my best to keep y'all updated.

Thanks

Howard

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00008412074909
Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 PM

Here's a few updated pics.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 PM

Default More pics

More updated pic
Attached Images