DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Everything Else > Do It Yourself - "Talk Tech"

Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM

Default Anyone run Drag Slicks on the Street?

Has anyone run drag slicks on the street lately? I used to do it some and all it done was ruin the tire and was wondering if maybe the drag radial would survive or if maybe the tires have improved enough lately to hold up on the street? I have 19" rims so they would not be unstable, in fact the DOT Nitto Drag Radials handle better than the Goodyear run flats.But I could use a little more make that lots more traction.I'm not looking for them to last forever if I could get 5,000-6,000 miles out of them I would be happy!That's about how many miles I put on my Vette per year and if its gonna rain or suppose to rain it does not come out of the shop so its not like I'm gonna be driving it in the rain. Thanks
Old 11-29-2016, 04:13 PM

You need to try the new Mickey thompson e.t.street radial ss. Have had nittos before they don't even compare to these, just put some 275 40 20's on the hellcat and man do they work.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:33 PM

I do need to call M/T again at the start of last year there Tech. told me the current 19" tire would not work with a manual trans car but they were looking into making one that would. I have wondered myself it the M/T might have work as good as the Nitto Drag Radial R.
Attached Images

Last edited by BowtieBilly1121; 11-29-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: picture
Old 12-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsharksbc427 View Post
You need to try the new Mickey thompson e.t.street radial ss. Have had nittos before they don't even compare to these, just put some 275 40 20's on the hellcat and man do they work.
I agree, i used the m/t et street ss tires on my old street pickup and pulled the front wheels off the ground just a little.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:33 PM

I called M/T Friday and spoke with a Tech. and they have not made any in a 19" or 18" for a manual trans. car yet. They have for a 18" wheel but its for a auto. only car. He said they now had some for a manual trans not in my size,I could put the 19" wheels on front and the 18" wheels on back with a taller tire. The ones they have for a manual trans. is a Bias ply tire and he agreed with me they would not work well with radials on front. I may go ahead and put a small set of Drag Slicks on back if they make them in a 18" or 19" rim. But M/T does have some nice looking Drag Radials they have just come out with or made improvements to for auto.cars.