DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Everything Else > Do It Yourself - "Talk Tech"

Old 02-24-2017, 06:14 PM

Default What is the best traction compound to use?

I'm looking for something to put on my DOT Drag Radials to help them hook better. I'm not looking for something to put under my tires and do a burn out,but something that will stay on tires for a short period at least.What is the best traction compound to use PJ1,VHT or is there something better. Should I use a Track Bite or Tire Softner for best results.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2017, 06:29 PM

bubble gum
Old 02-24-2017, 06:38 PM

Tire softener is the only thing that I know of that will penetrate and stay for any length of time Billie.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired View Post
50/50 mixture of MEK and PJ1 traction compound poured down & burned in just before run.
Read His Post About The Burnout Thing S . L . O . W . L . Y.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:15 AM

The last time I brought any traction compound VHT(not what I need)it was around $12.00-$15.00 per gallon now thats shits $50.00 per gallon.

VHT used to be real good after you do a burn out to put a little under your tires and spin them slowly for a few seconds. What I need is something to put on the tires to make them hook better on the road. I'm thinking maybe some tire softer or some of the hot lap the dirt racers use I'm not sure if thats a tire softern or not.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 PM

Almost forgot Thanks for the Advice everyone.With 19" wheels you don't have a lot of choices when it comes to tires. If I could find some 17" rims to match my front rims I might have a few more options. I have the NittoNT0R5 now which will have to be the best I can get because M/T says there 19" DOT drag radials will not work for a manual trans car.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Put a set of the new Michelin Pilot Sport on it. Superior traction handling as well as over a 200 mph rating.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:40 PM

It had a set of new Michelin Pilot Sports on back when I brought it and it would spin & fish-tail the tires at 100 mph in 4th gear. I wish M/T would make there Pro DOT not for the street Drag Radial in a 19" rim size or any of them would just make a Drag Radial Drag Slick in a 19" rim size I do not drive mine in the rain. My brother put the Michelin Pilot Sports on his 2015 C7 ZR1 and he likes them his is rated @ 650 hp so he should have around 550-570 it has a manual trans and thats a good bit less than mine makes.These Super-Charged &Turbo cars are fun to drive and make unreal HP that you can drive 40 mph with the A/C on almost as smooth as a new Lincoln.The new Hell-Cats & Super-Charged Mustangs make some power I don't know why the tire makers won't make any tires for them.We have one choice only Nitto's and nothing to compare them to so I can't say if they are good or bad.