DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Drag Racing Action > Bracket | Sportsman Racing

Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 PM

Default The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE at The 9th GABR!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE at The 9th Annual Moser Engineering Great American $50,000.00 Bracket Race weekend Sept. 8-10 at Memphis International Raceway.

What exactly is The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE one might ask? Plain and simple the Moser GABR is eager to find out which State has the “sickest of the sick” sportsman drag racers in the land by constructing a race that will settle this Great Debate on the track.

How Does The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE work? Team Captains will be selected by the Moser GABR Officials. Each captain will select a total of seven racers from his/her state to represent that state in The ALL STATE CHALLENGE. Each team member may be asked to provide driver’s license from the state he/she is representing prior to event.

The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE will have a total of seven classes as listed below:
- Top Bulb Dragster
- Top Bulb Door Car
- Bottom Bulb Door Car
- .90 index (this year will be 8.90)
- Stock/Super Stock (vehicle must be current legal NHRA/IHRA Stock/Super Stock Vehicle)
- Utility Racer
- Female Racer Top Bulb
Top Bulb Dragster, Top Bulb Door Car, Bottom Bulb Door Car, and Female Class will be contested on the 1/8th mile.

Obviously the 8.90 index class and Stock/Super Stock will be contested on the quarter mile.

The Stock/Super Stock will be contested on a typical bottom bulb bracket style format.

So what about the Utility Driver???? Well let’s just say the Utility Driver needs to be well versed on Top Bulb and Bottom Bulb as well as racing 1/8th mile, quarter mile, and 1000ft as the Utility Class WILL CHANGE round to round. The Utility Driver must use the same race vehicle (dragster or doorslammer) as the delay box must be easily removed.

What Will Be the Race Structure of The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALLENGE?
It is fairly simple!!!! Each class will be the typical elimination style race with NO BUYBACKS. Friday after two time trials, two rounds of eliminations will be completed. Saturday morning the race will be completed with no time trails.

How Do I Get a Team in The Raceshop at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center ALL STATE CHALENGE?
Listed below are the 23 confirmed States with Captains registered to compete in this big event!!!!! If your State is already listed please contact the respective State Team Captain to throw your name in the hat.

If your State is NOT listed and you are interested fielding a team from your state simply send us a message here on The Great American $50,000.00 Bracket Race Facebook Page. We will then reach out to you ASAP.
Without further anticipation the Moser GABR proudly releases the list of registered States along with the Team Captains.
1. ALABAMA- JED PENNINGTON
2. ARKANSAS- DANNY NELSON
3. CALIFORNIA- RYAN HEREM
4. FLORIDA- TROY WILLIAMS JR.
5. GEORGIA- STEPHEN MCCRORY
6. ILLINOIS- LUKE BOGACKI
7. INDIANA- WES MAY
8. KENTUCKY- SCOTTY RICHARDSON
9. LOUISIANA- CODY HARGER
10. MARYLAND- TOMMY CABLE
11. MISSISSIPPI- AJ ASHE
12. NEW JERSEY- TOM STALBA
13. NEW YORK DAN FLETCHER
14. NORTH CAROLINA- DANNY WATERS JR.
15. OHIO- MICHAEL BEARD
16. OKLAHOMA- WILL CARREL
17. SOUTH CAROLINA- KEVIN BRANNON
18. TENNESSEE- EDMOND RICHARDSON
19. TEXAS- TOMMY PHILLIPS
20. VIRGINIA- JEFF VERDI
21. KANSAS- MATT DRISKELL
22. ARIZONA- CHUCK HAWK
23. MICHIGAN- MIKE GRAMLICH
24. PENNSYLVANIA-BOB MURPHY JR
25. MISSOURI-ROBBIE GEAR
26. IOWA-JOSH KANSELAR
27. NEBRASKA- BO SANDERS
28. COLORADO- KRIS WHITFIELD
29. ONTARIO- ANDREW STIRK
30. MINNESOTA- JASON KURKOSKY

$500 ENTRY PER DRIVER
$3500 PER TEAM
100% PAYBACK

10K GUARANTEED TO INDIVIDUAL CLASS WINNERS BASED ON 20-25 TEAMS. RUNNER UP PENDING ON HOW MANY TEAMS AND REMAINING MONEY GOES TO TEAM WIN BY MOST ROUND WINS FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 06-19-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:11 PM

We welcome Pennsylvania , Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Ontario to ALL STATE CHALLENGE!!!!!

24.Pennsylvania-Bob Murphy jr.
25. Missouri-Robbie Gear
26. Iowa- josh Kanselar
27. Nebraska- Bo Sanders
28. Colorado- Kris Whitfield
29. Ontario ����-Andrew Stirk
Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 PM

Former Million Dollar Race Winner Troy Williams Jr And FL Team Captain Releases Team for ALL STATE CHALLENGE!!!!!

I need to start out by saying I will really wish I had not agreed to be Team Captain , We have so many great veteran racers and so many up and coming young guns, Actually picking a team to compete against the best each state has to offer is much harder than just the thought of it. I am sure a lot of people will disagree with some of my picks . Be assured I gave this a lot of thought. I tried to conceder each drivers skill level, experience level , quality of equipment and how they would fit into each class. This isn't hypothetical any longer we are going to do this on the race track. If I didn't pick the person you felt should have been on the team the good news is I expect this to be a annual event so you will have a lot more chances . This is the Team I feel will give us the best shot to be champions!
Top Bulb Female : Marie Muller
Utilti Driver : Jon Siegel
Bottom Bulb : Tim Butler
Super Comp : Ray Miller III
Top Bulb Dragster : Troy Williams Jr.
Top Bulb Door car : Gary Williams
Super stock/Stock : TBA
If any of these drivers can not make it or they fill a B team The picks will be.
Top Bulb Female : Elizabeth Keene

Utilti Driver : Brenden George

Bottom Bulb : Gage Burch

Super Comp : Ed Richardson

Top Bulb Dragster : Shane Carr

Top Bulb Door car : Dave Triplett

Super stock/Stock : BJ Bianchi

Posts: 167 | Location: Gulfport, MS | Registered: September 01, 2005

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 02-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:55 PM

The 2017 Illinois team is set, and we're ready for battle! Here is the team that will be bringing it to Memphis in September:
Brian Folk (Top Bulb, Dragster)
Andrew DiPiazza (Top Bulb, Door Car)
Brett Williamson (Bottom Bulb)
Luke Bogacki (8.90 & Team Captain)
Nick Folk (Stock/Super Stock)
Chad Isley (Utility)
Jessica Bogacki (Female)

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 02-04-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:29 AM

Former Million Dollar Race Winner Troy Williams Jr And FL Team Captain Releases Team for ALL STATE CHALLENGE!!!!!

I need to start out by saying I will really wish I had not agreed to be Team Captain , We have so many great veteran racers and so many up and coming young guns, Actually picking a team to compete against the best each state has to offer is much harder than just the thought of it. I am sure a lot of people will disagree with some of my picks . Be assured I gave this a lot of thought. I tried to conceder each drivers skill level, experience level , quality of equipment and how they would fit into each class. This isn't hypothetical any longer we are going to do this on the race track. If I didn't pick the person you felt should have been on the team the good news is I expect this to be a annual event so you will have a lot more chances . This is the Team I feel will give us the best shot to be champions!
Top Bulb Female : Marie Muller
Utilti Driver : Jon Siegel
Bottom Bulb : Tim Butler
Super Comp : Ray Miller III
Top Bulb Dragster : Troy Williams Jr.
Top Bulb Door car : Gary Williams
Super stock/Stock : TBA
If any of these drivers can not make it or they fill a B team The picks will be.
Top Bulb Female : Elizabeth Keene

Utilti Driver : Brenden George

Bottom Bulb : Gage Burch

Super Comp : Ed Richardson

Top Bulb Dragster : Shane Carr

Top Bulb Door car : Dave Triplett

Super stock/Stock : BJ Bianchi

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 02-04-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Minnesota in now in the ALL State Challenge at the Great American Bracket Race Weekend. Minnesota now makes it 29 states and 1 province from Canada. Jason Kurkosky will be the Team Captain responsible for fielding the team of 7.

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 02-04-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Most of you might already know, but I was chosen as the Team Captain for the Alabama Slammas, in Britt Cummings and Gaylon Rolison Jr.'s, All State Challenge. The ASC, will be held at the Great American Bracket Race, at Memphis International Raceway, In September.
So far, 30 states have committed to attend and present a team, to compete in the challenge, which is pretty darn impressive. Most of you also know, that I submitted a Alabama team, on The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast, that I co-host, with Luke Bogacki, which fueled Britt and Gaylon to put this idea together.
As the Team Captain, it is my duty, to pick the group of racers that will represent Alabama, at the GABR. Since I already picked a group of racers for the podcast, I reached out to each of them to see if they plan to attend the GABR. Each of them said they will be attending, which made my decision very simple. I couldn't see a reason to choose any other racers, since I've already made my picks for the hypothetical competition. So, the Alabama Slammas racing team, in the All State Challenge, will be ...
Top Bulb Dragster - Timmy Smith
Top Bulb Doorcar - Todd Ewing
Bottom Bulb - Adam Davis
.90 Class - Brad Plourd
Stock/SS - Jeff Strickland
Utility - Hugh Meeks
Female - Rachel Henderson
I'm aware that our state offers tons of other racers, that are talented enough to be on this list. Unfortunately, there is only room for 7, and the list was chosen way before this thought became reality. I look forward to seeing this group of racers compete and represent our state, with pride and tenacity. Let's get'em Slammas!

Last edited by gaylonrolison; 02-04-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:21 PM

The ALL State Challenge is now at 31 teams in THE ALL STATE CHALLENGE.
Everyone welcome South Dakota wit Dustin Long being team captain.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:34 PM

we now have 31 teams in the All State Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! New Payout to be released!!!!!

Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Team North Carolina welcomes Jeff Dobbins II as our top bulb dragster driver for the 2017 All-State Challenge! "Jeffry" is an extreme, young talent that we are very happy to have represent us. His father had been a drag racing icon in Bracket Racing, Top Sportsman, Pro Stock and even as a Pro Stock crew chief. JD II had fallen right in his foot steps and is a tough force to recon with at big money bracket races all over the south. He will be there in his trusty Race Tech built digger to battle it out with the best of the best. Welcome aboard JD II!
Old 06-04-2017, 01:52 PM

A little late on the All-State Challenge Team Illinois on track results from this past Memorial Day weekend. Jessica Bogacki took the win with Luke posting a semifinal finish in the Super Comp Shootout during the prestigious Jegs Sportsnationals in Bowling Green!

Byron Dragway hosted their 3-day big money bracket race which had 4 of the 7 Team Illinois members in attendance. Brett Williamson continued his fast start to his No Box season with a win during Friday's opening event which culminated running the final in complete darkness. Monday's event brought Nick Folk and his brand new Miller Dragster to the final round in Super Pro Box where he took runner-up!

Utility driver Chad Isley continues to win in a multitude of different vehicles as he was the winner in Sportsman at Coles County Dragway!

Team Illinois staying strong and consistent with their winning ways thus far in 2017!
Old 06-05-2017, 06:06 PM

The Brodix Top Bulb Dragster roster will be released at noon tomorrow. Set your notifications because you are gonna want to see this!!!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:39 PM

NOW INTRODUCING THE SDPC ALL STATE CHALLENGE BRODIX DRAGSTER CLASS at the Moser Engineering Great American Bracket Race at Memphis. We are waiting to hear from a few more states but the field is already a stout field of racers. Who you putting your money on?

Old 06-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Default Team Ontario News!!!

Team ontario racers are off to a great start this season. Stock/super stock representative chuck nagy took his nhra legal ride to the winner circle at this past weekends race cayuga sportsman series event at tmp, taking out some stiff comprtition on his way to the win!
Keep up to date with Team Ontario results all season leading up to the The All State Challenge this september!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:47 PM

Default Team North Carolina News

Team North Carolina welcomes this beast as our Top Bulb Door Car representative, Chad Duke! I've had the pleasure of racing with the best of the best all over the country, but I've never met a racer more motivated and determined to succeed than Chad. His trusty Camaro can find a winner's circle with it's eyes closed. Stay tuned, there is more to come!

Old 06-07-2017, 09:02 PM

The SDPC All State Challenge welcomes Ron Lane to represent TN in the Dragster class!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Default Team North Carolina News

Not a Top Bulb fan? Not a problem! The Bottom Bulb guys here in N.C. are just NASTY! We could have chosen 1 of 100 or more that can crack the bottom as good as any on the top. That being said, Steve Foley is our All-State Challenge Bottom Bulb selection for 2017 at the Moser Engineering Great American Bracket Race! I'm so stoked to see what this group will accomplish!
Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 PM

Good evening everyone. The SDPC All State Challenge is set to release the confirmed Top Bulb Door Car Class Roster of the All State Challenge. The release will be tomorrow Tuesday June 13 at 12 noon on the Great American Bracket Race Facebook Page..

The SDPC All State Challenge is set to be contested at the Moser Engineering Great American $50,000.00 Bracket Race Weekend Sept 8-10 at Memphis Intl Raceway in Memphis, TN.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:54 PM

The time has come.....The SDPC All State Challenge at the Moser Engineering Great American $50,000.00 Bracket Race Weekend Presents the Current Roster of the Top Bulb Door Car Class.

Lets hear your thoughts. What State looks the strongest so far as two of the seven class rosters have been listed on a side by side look.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:41 PM

Default RACING RVS 10K Friday at Moser GABR

The Moser Engineering Great American 50K Bracket race is proud to announce that RACING RVS takes the reigns to present the RACING RVS 10K FRIDAY.

RACING RVS is a full service RV Dealer. RACING RVS specialize in new and used semi style motor coaches, race trailers and motorhomes. RACING RVS sells, buys, trades, finances, consigns, services and offers nationwide delivery on all of their inventory.

RACING RVS stock a large variety of new and used Show Hauler, Renegade, Haulmark, Gold Rush and many other coaches and trailers.

RACING RVS can also special order a new coach or trailer to fit your exact needs.

RACING RVS is located at 6933 Brookville Salem Rd. Brookville, OH 45309 and can be contacted at (419) 236-1328.

Welcome RACING RVS to the Moser GABR.