DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Everything Else > Do It Yourself - "Talk Tech"

Old 08-10-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMohe View Post
Its a sealer called Super Seal 30. Works great for sealing concrete. Stops the dust that never stops if u don't do something. Oil spills clean up good. Only problem with it is solvents such as gas, brake kleen, thinner and etc will lift it. I wanted to epoxy it or something along those lines. It was more money than I wanted to spend at the time. 200.00 dollars bought enough to cover 40x60 slab. For me the pole barn idea was considerably cheaper. I did all my wiring. Wood is way more easier than metal to attach stuff to if u know what I mean. LOL. Pole barn was not my first choice. After I did it. It was the right decision for me. Maybe this helps a little.
That helps a bunch. Thanks
Old 08-11-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy View Post
I keep hearing that. Im going to start pricing different building options. Are you going to add concrete later?
my ground has too much grade. It would be raised 2ft. in the front. I'm just going to add crush run gravel.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts Performance 1 View Post
my ground has too much grade. It would be raised 2ft. in the front. I'm just going to add crush run gravel.
That is a lot. I had a 6 inch drop from front to back. A load of good clay fixed that real quick.

If you use crushed gravel, you going to try to level it or just leave the drop?
Old 08-12-2016, 05:47 PM

Leave the drop. It's just trailer storage.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts Performance 1 View Post
There is no way you can beat this for the money. 30 x 60 with 14 ft. sides metal. My ground was very uneven and I didn't want to build up 18" of concrete. 6x6 post with 2x6 side boards and 2" angle trusses.
Quote:
Its a sealer called Super Seal 30. Works great for sealing concrete. Stops the dust that never stops if u don't do something. Oil spills clean up good. Only problem with it is solvents such as gas, brake kleen, thinner and etc will lift it. I wanted to epoxy it or something along those lines. It was more money than I wanted to spend at the time. 200.00 dollars bought enough to cover 40x60 slab. For me the pole barn idea was considerably cheaper. I did all my wiring. Wood is way more easier than metal to attach stuff to if u know what I mean. LOL. Pole barn was not my first choice. After I did it. It was the right decision for me. Maybe this helps a little.
Lester and LilMohe who did you buy the pole barns from? LilMohe do you have any other pics of the metal trusses used in your shop?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:31 AM

Mine is an Alabama Steel building. They use larger material for the A-Frames than most places.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
the epoxy for my 30x30 was $1k by itself. I'm doing the shop AND my new 3 car garage while the house is being built. Labor's not too bad but the product is pricey as heck.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintHester View Post
Lester and LilMohe who did you buy the pole barns from? LilMohe do you have any other pics of the metal trusses used in your shop?
Maybe this helps
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2016, 08:35 AM

The fellow that built this one is Decatur TN. Not sure he is still doing them. Had health issues. Sorry for slow responce. Just found it.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
the epoxy for my 30x30 was $1k by itself. I'm doing the shop AND my new 3 car garage while the house is being built. Labor's not too bad but the product is pricey as heck.
I remember it being high dollar when my dad and I built our shop in FL back in the day. Good stuff and last along time.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Thanks Lester and LilMohe

LilMohe are yours made from 2x3 tubing and is that angle or a rod triangulating the truss?
Old 11-20-2016, 09:00 AM

I think it's 2x3. I will measure it. Yes on angle iron.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintHester View Post
Thanks Lester and LilMohe

LilMohe are yours made from 2x3 tubing and is that angle or a rod triangulating the truss?
I was wrong. Its 4x4. Has .125 wall thickness. Angle iron is 1-1/2". Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:55 AM

40x50x12 steel building here, 3 big doors, I have a lift, dpending on the pitch of the roof dictates how much room you have in the center, I have 10K lift and put my lifted super duty on it and no issues at all with it going all the way to the top of the lift. im 6' and can stand under my lift when its all the way up. concrete can be pricey, I got my building from steelmax in adel ga, right down from the track . they have a website you can build your building online and see cost etc. I would recommend the longer fasteners and upgrade the insulation in the walls, its not that much more and well worth it.I live in the county and had to pull a permit, because I used a engineered foundation, I didn't want any issues, plus you will have to have more concrete in the floor in the area for your lift, yea yea I know what the manufactures say only 4 to 6" but I don't trust that, if you have a lot of money in your shop and you will, why go cheap on concrete, you are under your lift! I have a BendPak lift love it, got it from summit, its not the TOP OF THE LINE lift, but by far not the cheapest, approx. 2500.00 for lift.
when building your shop I would recommend LED lights when you get to the electrical side not that much more at all and well worth it ..I wired my entire shop, will save you a ton of money if you can do that as well. and if you do remember to put GFI receptacles near the door for your SAFETY, you can use GFI breakers as well but they cost $$, also do not use romex to wire your shop, cheaper yes, but once again Safety, Use MC cable.
I Built mine in 2013 building was around 20ish to my door(all metal no wood) and it is a engineered building for wind load etc etc so are the doors, had a crew the manufacture recommend to install it, 3days and they were done cost 3500.00,