DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

Go Back   DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Drag Racing Action > Real Street | X275 | 10.5 Racing

Old 03-27-2017, 10:31 PM

I picked the car up at pilcures 10.00 Friday night though about not racing sat because of lexan scope but decided to go support the race next race it will not have a lexan scope on it gona put a trans am fiberglass scope on it
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401_Racer View Post
Don't be trashing people who have always supported the class... who has a STOCK SUSPENSION HOME BUILT CAR.. Brett's car is a very well built car. Beautiful car. He doesn't have the money or the partner some people have... but he does the shit himself! His motor may not be the fastest thing out there but he has busted everyone's ass and won a few races last year. So don't be bashing someone who is true to the sport and the class. Don't hate
Mikey my wife in my partner she's the one that lets me spend money on my car she the one that helps me in my shop she's the one that I get up to go to work for every morning she the one that give me the will to win , hopefully you have a woman like her .

As far as Brett I know how hard we all work on these cars and the money that goes in to them we all can't have mustangs and if we did they want all be the same so little stuff like hood scoops and muffler and seat don't mean much to me . These are race cars not street cars

As for supporting the class I've supported this class for a long time and will continue to and hopefully you and the others will also see you at the track
Old 03-28-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
Mikey my wife in my partner she's the one that lets me spend money on my car she the one that helps me in my shop she's the one that I get up to go to work for every morning she the one that give me the will to win , hopefully you have a woman like her .

As far as Brett I know how hard we all work on these cars and the money that goes in to them we all can't have mustangs and if we did they want all be the same so little stuff like hood scoops and muffler and seat don't mean much to me . These are race cars not street cars

As for supporting the class I've supported this class for a long time and will continue to and hopefully you and the others will also see you at the track

I just know we are all friends here and I don't want us bashing each other... we have raced this class since 08. And I wish I could build something other than a mustang
Old 03-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Default 5.50 Real Street-- New Beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooker View Post

Well considering the class is called "Real Street", little things like hood scoops, passenger seats, no screws in windows, and mufflers mean a lot to me. You don't have to have a mustang to fit simple rules like that. Hell, I couldn't tell you what car needs to be backhalved to fit a 28 inch tall tire. Those rules we just let slide, don't enforce, or let our buddies in are what built the class. They built the class to 30-40 cars. Tell me, just how much growth have you seen in the class each time rules are adjusted to fit "more cars"? Go ahead....I'll wait.

Those rules are so simple. If you can afford a car that runs 5.50's you can afford to make your car fit the rules and not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Brett Childs; 03-28-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:03 AM

30 of them cars can't afford to race cost to much money and they think they can't win so they don't race. Add it up what it cost it's not in there budget

Make it a free race you will have more cars

Last edited by Hooker; 03-28-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM

Stop screwing with the index and letting bigger tire and back halved cars in and maybe you get those guys back. Index got lowered but did anyone make sure we'd gain enough cars to make up for the guys who decided they wouldn't be fast enough

Old 03-28-2017, 11:40 AM

Back halved cars have been racing since 08/09 and the index has need lowered for years and for most people r/s is to expensive even you Brett was considering the expense this past weekend.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:44 AM

And I don't make the rules the people that raised the purse make the rules so you need to take that up with Ricky and Mitch

All I will say is thank you Mitch and Ricky for the great purse we have !!!

10 cars =1000.00
This class paid out 3100.00
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 PM

I'm only going to say that it's not about the money the reason cars do not show it's the way the class is being run. I have said it for years. You need a neutral guy to run any organization to make it fair and equal to all racers. You need rules set and enforced that are not manipulated or changed to suit certain cars. The original EC rules worked for years.Hats off to Ricky for what he has done and Mitch for all the money he puts into it. Without these 2 RS be done.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM

everything evolves...We can outrun any limited street car from back when it started and we are on motor and a 28" tire.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:39 AM

we have heald the index at 5.70 for years because some of the small block guys could not run 550 brett u were one of them but u and most everbody else can run 550 so we lowered the index several guys running 28 and 29 out back door class said they would race if we allowed w s it was not to give any body an advantage over any one most that are complaining said they can run 500 0n 28 s so whats the problem as for as backhalf cars that's been leagle for many years I have put over 10000 dollars cash in real street just the last there years I sell nothing im not promoting a business I do not bash people I just try to help it does not matter what u do some will not like it I don't no of a class out there u can make to rounds and get ur entry fee back if any of u want my place feel free to take it I would love to just show up pay 100 entry get put out and go home till next one if yall would quit bitching and pitch in its the best thing out there I wish it was all free but its not I like each and ever one of u I hope to see u in the other lane
Old 03-29-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd View Post
we have heald the index at 5.70 for years because some of the small block guys could not run 550 brett u were one of them but u and most everbody else can run 550 so we lowered the index several guys running 28 and 29 out back door class said they would race if we allowed w s it was not to give any body an advantage over any one most that are complaining said they can run 500 0n 28 s so whats the problem as for as backhalf cars that's been leagle for many years I have put over 10000 dollars cash in real street just the last there years I sell nothing im not promoting a business I do not bash people I just try to help it does not matter what u do some will not like it I don't no of a class out there u can make to rounds and get ur entry fee back if any of u want my place feel free to take it I would love to just show up pay 100 entry get put out and go home till next one if yall would quit bitching and pitch in its the best thing out there I wish it was all free but its not I like each and ever one of u I hope to see u in the other lane
The man that does the paying....does the say'n ...
Old 03-29-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd View Post

We will be back Mitch, just had an issue with a wall...lol

PS...metal is being delivered today and "FIBERGLASS DOORS w/LEXAN WINDOWS" will be a few more weeks...lol
Old 03-29-2017, 01:36 PM

I don't understand why it would take letting w's in to get guys that can run on non w's. Changing that is bullshit. They want to race they can't put true 10.5's just like everyone else. No class that has ever opened up the rule book to let more cars in has been successful. Forget the index, whatever. Those rules have been successful for almost 10 years. There was no point in changing them. If they want to race Real Street, they should make their cars fit the rules. That's just my opinion, I'm not a rule maker. Just a little muffler man college student trying to make a statement in what I considered to be the best thing going.

I understand weather this weekend, thats why I didn't go. Appearently I need to find a new weatherman. Was forced to make a decision at 8 am when all I had to do was put car in trailer and hook truck up after working until 9 to get it ready. But I hope alllll these guys we're destroying a rule set for show up in April so I can make them all feel like dickheads when a car with all glass, power windows, no good scoop, passenger seat, stock frame rails, working head llights tail lights and brake lights, mufflers, true 10.5 tire, that in perfect cool weather conditions has been no faster than a .54 loads them all up and takes all their money.

Last edited by Brett Childs; 03-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM

This guy gets the true spirit of this once great class.......good luck Brett, hope you win them all......im a fan for sure, didnt know your car was as stock as it is, good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Childs View Post
I don't understand why it would take letting w's in to get guys that can run on non w's. Changing that is bullshit. They want to race they can't put true 10.5's just like everyone else. No class that has ever opened up the rule book to let more cars in has been successful. Forget the index, whatever. Those rules have been successful for almost 10 years. There was no point in changing them. If they want to race Real Street, they should make their cars fit the rules. That's just my opinion, I'm not a rule maker. Just a little muffler man college student trying to make a statement in what I considered to be the best thing going.

I understand weather this weekend, thats why I didn't go. Appearently I need to find a new weatherman. Was forced to make a decision at 8 am when all I had to do was put car in trailer and hook truck up after working until 9 to get it ready. But I hope alllll these guys we're destroying a rule set for show up in April so I can make them all feel like dickheads when a car with all glass, power windows, no good scoop, passenger seat, stock frame rails, working head llights tail lights and brake lights, mufflers, true 10.5 tire, that in perfect cool weather conditions has been no faster than a .54 loads them all up and takes all their money.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:44 PM

I like to thank ricky Presley for all the work he has done in getting up sponsor s for real street and all he does at the track thanks to all who have pitched in 3100 each race so its there come and get it p.s, Kenny get that car back together be great to see u hunter and hayden at the track
Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 AM

Last edited by Hooker; 03-30-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:27 PM

Same stuff..... different year
Old 04-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Claxton View Post
Same stuff..... different year
Yes...But it is dwindling on Down. Somebody needs to start it back up with original rules and index....weed out the baby pro-mods ...you won't have their money...but maybe participation will bring back the fun excitement,and generate sponcers.

Last edited by x-racer; 04-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:00 PM

I here they run a r/s 5.50 race at holt 3/cars and a 5.70 race at atmore 1 car .maybe we can get 16 car at the next race , I did here more cars were coming..