DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > Everything Else > Do It Yourself - "Talk Tech"

02-13-2017, 03:10 PM
LoneWolf

: Sep 2015
: 112
Valve springs tester

Have Jesel set up on head and looking for a valve spring tester. Only thing I found online was LSM brand, anything in local stores (Crestview/Paxton/FWB area) or an extra one laying around for sale. Got the old style morse type but I don't think that will do. Trying to get car/motor cleaned up before stuck out of state on job assignment so I can at least play a little. LSM I think is pricy $228 but it is probably just me being cheap,
02-14-2017, 04:18 PM
BowtieBilly1121

: "Sweet Home Valley AlaBama"
: 1,139

Get a good one because the valve springs are tough on them,but most important of all make sure it is designed work on the set up you have. That one size fits all, should be called it don't fit any size good. If you run a Mopar as long as I did you learn things the hard way. I know its easy to tell someone else to buy the high $$$ part but you won't regret getting a good quality one.
03-11-2017, 11:36 PM
LoneWolf

: 112

Well got another tester but lesson learned, if you have an Enderle setup, injector lines the lines need to be moved.