2012 BTE World Footbrake Challenge - Page 2 - DragCoverage.com Speed Forums

Old October 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jared_Pennington

Footbrakers, here is the "new and improved" World Footbrake Challenge. There are some noteworthy changes to the format.

Back for WFC VI is our primary sponsor, BTE. We are fortunate to have them with us again for their 6th consecutive year. Thank you BTE for seeing the value in being involved in this event.

New for 2012 is the NitroPlate Triple 10's. Our great friends at NitroPlate have increased their involvement in "The World's Greatest Footbrake Race" by sponsoring ALL 3 of the $10K races. NitroPlate will also be offering gift certificates each day for best losing package awards. Thank you NitroPlate for your continued support.

Hensley Performance and Taylor Brothers Trailer Sales have also come back this year to presnet the Run For The Money and Friday Night Gambler's Race respectively. We certainly appreciate the support of those extra activities from these 2 great companies.

We are extremely excited to announce that WFC VI will break new ground in the Big Buck Bracket Racing world. The 2012 event will PAY 2ND ROUND WINNERS! That's right. You win 2nd round any or every day and you will visit the WFC payout window. Steve worked very hard on a way to enhance the racer's experience at WFC VI and he decided one way to get that done would be to pay as many people as possible. We hope this change results in hundreds more people getting to receive some cash from the WFC. Obviously, that would be a great thing.

The 1000' 64 car shootout has received a slight makeover as well. The 2012 shootout will be $5,000 to win with a solid payout all the way down the line. The entry fee has been lowered to $250 and a 2nd round win will earn racers their entry back. The payout increases round by round from a 2nd round win on. What can't happen at the WFC is for the secondary races to overshadow the main event. Winning $10K races full of talented Footbrakers races is a difficult task. Those accomplishments should, and will always, be the main focus of Steve and I.

The Hensley Performance RFM has also gotten a new look. In years past, we paid 3 places guaranteed for a $10 entry. WFC VI will pay 5 places with the best package receiving $1000, 2nd $500, 3rd $300, 4th $200 and 5th $100. The entry fee will be $20.

We hope everyone likes what they see. The Saturday night cookout is back and same old great time at the WFC is sure to be had by all. Hope to see you all there.

Last edited by Jared_Pennington; October 27th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Sophmore Member

Is it July yet!
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM

Not yet Opie but it gets closer every day.

Our friends at Gardendale Performance will once again be preparing the great food at the Saturday night BBQ. Jimmy and his crew do an awesome job with the cooking and we are looking forward to serving it up hot off the grill.
Old November 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM

The WFC website, www.worldfootbrakechallenge.com is up and running with the WFC VI flyer and sponsor logos. We are finalizing some other details and the flyer, with round prizes, will be complete.

Check out the site and keep up to date with all of the event info as it develops.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
RACIN 4 the Groceries

Garage

I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in July!!!!
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Coalburg Racing Promotions is proud to announce that CARS Protection Plus has signed on as the sponsor of the Race Appreciation BBQ at WFC VI.

Michael Tedesco, owner of CARS, is excited to be involved in the WFC and he looks forward to being able to provide the great food and drink for the racers and families that attend the event. The Tedescos also own Pittsburgh Raceway Park. The WFC typically gets several racers (AJ Casini, Chuck T, Mark Romeo and more) from PRP and Michael is excited to know that his home track racers will get to enjoy the BBQ provided by CARS while getting away for a weekend to attend "The World's Greatest Footbrake Race".

CARS Protection Plus offers a complete line of limited warranties to meet the specific needs of your pre-owned vehicle. If there is a failure, C.A.R.S. will be there to assist with your repairs. They promise fast and hassle-free payment directly to the repair shop. This is insurance we all can use, especially in a tough economy. Check out their website at http://www.carsprotectionplus.com/ and see what CARS Protection Plus can do for you.

Thank you CARS and Michael Tedesco for your support of the WFC.
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:16 AM
05,06,08 S/P track champ

Garage

Jared,that was brunswick stew i sent to you at SGMP not "soup"...hahaha anyway,i really enjoyed the weekend and you announcing made it even more enjoyable!!hope you will be there next year!i even went over and had to kick Bones while you had him down!! that was funny right there!good luck to you next year-Shannon
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM

Thank you Shannon. The "soup" was excellent buddy. I appreciate the kind words too. I had a blast. Kim and Rowland said they wanted me back next year so I guess I will see you there.
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Default !!!

I'm sure there are lots of drivers that are glad to know that you are going to be spending a lot more time behind the mic than behind the wheel!
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Getting behind the mic is the only thing that pays for me these days